How to enter the right curtain width
In order to be as precise as possible, please choose your rod/track and install it before proceeding to this step.
To obtain the width you should enter, simply measure the width of your rod excluding decorative ends.
For a lining, please stretch and measure edge to edge the bottom of the curtain to which it will be attached.
For all products except linings, the width you enter is the width of your curtain rod/track. We calculate the final width of the curtain for you using a coefficient (see calculation examples below). It is standard industry practice, so that when you hang you curtain, it has regular pleats/waves.
The curtain received, laid flat, will be wider than the width of the curtain rod you entered when you placed your order. Once hung, and thus pleated, it will match the width of your rod/track and will perfectly cover your window.
Number of panels for your curtain rod: 1
You will receive one curtain panel to cover a single rod.
|Heading||Coefficient||Rod width||Width of the curtain panel flat|
|Grommets||x 1.5||36" (91 cm)||54" (137 cm)|
|Pencil pleat||x 2||36" (91 cm)||72" (183 cm)|
|Rod pocket||x 1.2||36" (91 cm)||43.2" (109 cm)|
|Pinch Pleat||x1.6||36" (91 cm)||57.6" (146 cm)|
|Hooks (lining)||x1||36" (91 cm)||36" (91 cm)|
Number of panels for your window: 2
You will receive two curtain panels, together they will cover a single rod.
|Heading||Coefficient||Rod width||Width of each curtain panel flat|
|Grommets||x 1.5||36" (91 cm)||27" (68.5 cm)|
|Pencil pleats||x 2||36" (91 cm)||36" (91.5 cm)|
|Rod pocket||x 1.2||36" (91 cm)||21.6" (55 cm)|
|Pinch Pleat||x1.6||36" (91 cm)||28.8" (73 cm)|
For technical manufacturing reasons, there is a maximum width authorized for each heading type.
- Grommet max. width: 118" (300cm)
- Pencil pleat max. width: 98" (250cm)
- Rod pocket max. width: 79" (200cm)
- Pinch pleat max. width: 118" (300cm)
- Hooks (lining) max. width: 197" (500cm)
1. « My curtain rod is wider than the maximum authorized width, what should I do? »
If you select pencil pleat but want a flat curtain, divide the width of your curtain rod by 2.
EXAMPLE: If your rod is 39" (99cm) wide, your made-to-measure curtain with pencil pleat will measure 78“ (198cm) because a coefficient applies (see above).
For a flat rendering:
- divide your curtain rod by 2 and enter a curtain rod width of 19.5" (49,5 cm),
- your made-to-measure curtain will then be 39" (99 cm) wide,
- you will not have to gather your curtain, it will be hung flat.
NB: For better soundproofing, we advise you to choose a curtain with pleats.
2. « My curtain rod is wider than the maximum authorized width, what should I do? »
If the width of your rod is larger than the maximum authorized width, you will have to divide your curtain rod width by 2, in order to make 2 curtains instead of a single, very large one.
EXAMPLE: You want a curtain with grommets (max. width 118"), but your curtain rod is 158" (400 cm) wide. You will have to:
- divide your curtain rod by 2 and enter a curtain rod width of 79" (200 cm),
- select "1 panel for your curtain rod" (step 3: Number of curtain panels for this rod),
- add the product to your shopping cart,
- modify the quantity using the arrow to order it twice.
You will receive two identical custom curtains. Hung together they will cover your 158" (400 cm) wide curtain rod.